Difference between revisions of "Proteomics:Programmers Meeting on 2010-03-19"

From BioAssist
Jump to: navigation, search
(Attendees)
(added meeting notes)
Line 24: Line 24:
  
 
== Discussion history ==
 
== Discussion history ==
 +
 +
Updates:
 +
* Corra was installed at Groningen server and [[User:Pneerincx|Pieter]] has an account to play with it.
 +
 +
* [[User:George|George]] [[:Image:Programmers_Meeting_MOLGENIS_George.pdf|presentation]]:
 +
** Working on two clusters installation
 +
** A cloud should have instance of Resident running to be controlled by JobManager
 +
* [[User:Ishtiaq|Ishtiaq]] update on [[DAF]]:
 +
** Working on taskpool service, which is an alternative for [[Topos]]
 +
** [[Topos]] has certain limitations to allow batch job submissions (PHP+SQL service, not more that 10 concurrent opened connections).
 +
** Taskpool needs more testing
 +
* Carsten: Presented WebServices ([http://amc-app2.amc.sara.nl/proteomics/ProteomicsGridified?wsdl here] and [http://amc-app2.amc.sara.nl/proteomics/Proteomics?wsdl here]).
 +
** Problem: as there is no agreed format on input/output ([[APML]]?) the services work with plain strings of data and return the data packaged in ZIP.
 +
** Suggestion: publish them on [http://www.biocatalogue.org/ BioCatalogue].
  
 
== Action points ==
 
== Action points ==
 +
 +
[[User:Pneerincx|Pieter]]:
 +
* need to contact [[User:TwanAmerica|Twan]] to grab some data for testing
 +
* writes an email to [[Corra]] maillist with [[APML]] extension proposal
 +
 +
Carsten:
 +
* checks, if [[APML]] can fit/represent statistical data
 +
* provides better documentation of WebServices developed
 +
 +
[[User:George|George]] & [[User:Ishtiaq|Ishtiaq]]:
 +
* agree on interface for job submission
  
 
[[Category:Proteomics:Meeting|Programmers]]
 
[[Category:Proteomics:Meeting|Programmers]]

Revision as of 19:27, 19 March 2010

Location and time

  • Location: Hojel City Center, gebouw D (5th floor), Graadt van Roggenweg 340, 3531 AH Utrecht
  • Time: 9:00-10:30

Attendees

Agenda

09:00-09:15 Action points from previous meeting.
09:15-10:15 Projects update
10:15-10:30 Future action points & parking lot

Discussion history

Updates:

  • Corra was installed at Groningen server and Pieter has an account to play with it.
  • George presentation:
    • Working on two clusters installation
    • A cloud should have instance of Resident running to be controlled by JobManager
  • Ishtiaq update on DAF:
    • Working on taskpool service, which is an alternative for Topos
    • Topos has certain limitations to allow batch job submissions (PHP+SQL service, not more that 10 concurrent opened connections).
    • Taskpool needs more testing
  • Carsten: Presented WebServices (here and here).
    • Problem: as there is no agreed format on input/output (APML?) the services work with plain strings of data and return the data packaged in ZIP.
    • Suggestion: publish them on BioCatalogue.

Action points

Pieter:

  • need to contact Twan to grab some data for testing
  • writes an email to Corra maillist with APML extension proposal

Carsten:

  • checks, if APML can fit/represent statistical data
  • provides better documentation of WebServices developed

George & Ishtiaq:

  • agree on interface for job submission