Next Generation Sequencing
Next generation sequencing (or High throughput sequencing) is one of the task forces of BioAssist.
- 19-11-2010, a small group was formed to work on standardizing QC and eventually a QC pipeline in NBIC Galaxy: Jan van Haarst, Frans-Paul Ruzius, Jeroen Laros, Wil Koetsier, Victor de Jager (coordinator).
- 15-11-2010, the first test version of NBIC Galaxy VM is released! Direct download link [here
- 4-11-2010, our task force had a major contribution to the MGC course: Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data analysis course in Leiden.
- 15-10-2010, kickoff the development on the advanced simulated dataset generation script. The involved members are Frans-Paul Ruzius, Kai Ye, Victor de Jager, Victor Guryev, Rutger Brouwer, and Leon Mei.
- 5-10-2010, Joint force on GvNL between the BBMRI project and our NGS task force. The involved members are Freerk van Dijk, Barbera van Schaik, Jeroen Laros, Kai Ye, and Leon Mei.
- Members -- want to be a member? Please contact Leon Mei.
- Meetings -- regular monthly NGS meetings are open to public, so welcome to join us!
- Inventory -- an overview of machines, tools, and data storage formats used by the member groups.
Our task force has been active in the following areas:
And here are a few projects that we are working on:
- Benchmarking alignment software
- Simulated dataset generation script
- Benchmarking de novo assembly software
- Shared NGS pipelines
- NBIC Galaxy Server
- "Het Genoom van Nederland"
See also: A complete list of NGS Projects
- NGS Tools
- NGS File Format
- Data sources
- Other related companies
- Tips and Tricks
- January 21st, 2011, 9:00-12:00, RNA-seq seminar. SURF Utrecht.
- November 14th&15th, 2011, Next Generation Sequencing Congress, Radisson Edwardian, Heathrow, London UK
Information that is created on this site is within the public domain. Public domain information on this website may be freely distributed and copied. However, it is requested that in any subsequent use of this work, NBIC is given appropriate acknowledgment.
For any question regarding this platform, you may contact Leon Mei.