Next Generation Sequencing
Next generation sequencing (or High Throughput Sequencing, Genomics) is one of the task forces of BioAssist.
For any question regarding this task force, you may contact Leon Mei.
- Create a knowledge sharing platform for bioinformaticians
- Provide easy-to-use NGS software and pipelines for lab scientists
- Build up a nation-wide expert team on Next Generation Sequencing that will serve life science at large
- On June 18th, 2013, a taskforce PI meeting was successfully held. Report can be found at the NBIC news site.
- Members -- want to be a member? Please contact Leon Mei.
- Meetings -- regular monthly NGS meetings are open to public, so welcome to join us!
You can visit the Netherlands part of the world map of sequencers to see who are running what.
Here are a brief summary of our experts on different sequencing technology.
Activities & Projects
Our task force has been active in the following areas:
- De novo assembly
- Mapping alignment
- SNP/Indel/CNV calling
- Quality Control
See also: A complete list of NGS Projects
We are working with NBIC BioWise program on the following courses
- 2011 advanced RNA-seq course
- Leiden bi-yearly NGS courses
Information that is created on this site is within the public domain. Public domain information on this website may be freely distributed and copied. However, it is requested that in any subsequent use of this work, NBIC is given appropriate acknowledgment.