Revision as of 17:02, 16 March 2011 by Jjbot
- Download and install Cytoscape
- Install CytoscapeRPC, this can either be done via the plugin manager or by manually downloading the plugin:
- Plugin manager: Start Cytoscape and go to Plugins -> Manage Plugins. Under 'Available for install' open 'Communication and Scripting'. Select the latest version of CytoscapeRPC and click 'Install'.
- Manual download: Go to the Cytoscape plugins site or NBIC Trac and download the latest version. Copy the downloaded jar file into the plugins directory of your Cytoscape folder.
- After installation restart Cytoscape.
- Start Cytoscape.
- Go to Plugins -> CytoscapeRPC and choose 'Start CytoscapeRPC'.
A method of testing Cytoscape using Python.
- Open Cytoscape and activate the plug-in (Plugins->Cytoscape RPC->Activate CytoscapeRPC) keep the default port and click 'OK'.
- Open a python shell
- Type in the following commands:
server = xmlrpclib.ServerProxy('http://localhost:9000')
The shell should now display 'It works!'