Revision as of 20:38, 13 January 2011 by Jjbot
- Download and install Cytoscape
- Install the plugin via the Cytoscape plugin manager
- Now install a XML-RPC client for a programming language that you are familiar with and use the examples to create your first Cytoscape application.
A method of testing Cytoscape using Python.
- Open Cytoscape and activate the plug-in (Plugins->Cytoscape RPC->Activate CytoscapeRPC) keep the default port and click 'OK'.
- Open a python shell
- Type in the following commands:
server = xmlrpclib.ServerProxy('http://localhost:9000')
The shell should now display 'It works!'