The hierarchy in this wiki is following two simultaneous paths. Each article is categorized:
- by task force, or other functional unit (A)
- and in one of a series of standard categories (B)
- Agendas and Minutes for anything related to meetings
- Conventions for describing the way things are done
- Events for (semi-)public events
- News for News
- People and Institutes for anything related to people, institutes and international relationships
- Project for projects (things developed by NBIC BioAssist)
- Tools for tools (things used by NBIC BioAssist)
Special "double categories" have been set up to support this classification system: Each of these A / B categories is a subcategory of both A and B. This way, the majority of all pages in the wiki are captured by one single category.
For larger projects or tools:
- If a project or tool is described on multiple pages, then make a subcategory for the project or tool under its own name, and make that a subcat of A / Project or A / Tool
- The B terms can also be used for specific projects or tools: make subcats <Project> / B where needed, and make that a subcat both of <Project> and B
Shared projects and tools:
- A project can be shared by two task forces. Just make its category a subcat of <TaskForceA> / Project as well as <TaskForceB> / Project. Similarly, a Tool that is used in multiple task forces can be put in two categories. Alternatively, if a project or tool is shared between task forces just make it part of Category:BioAssist instead.