Proteomics:Programmers Meeting on 2011-08-12
Location and time
- Location: Hojel City Center, building D (5th floor), Graadt van Roggenweg 340, 3531 AH Utrecht
- Date: Friday August 12th, 2011
- Time: 9:00-10:30
- Action points and status updates
- Next meeting
Action points and status updates
- Henk is just back from a nice, long holiday.
- He is analyzing a lot of phosphorylated data.
- Henk is also looking for algorithms that can predict horizontal gene transfer.
- Ishtiaq has finished merging classification data sets from grids.
- He is collaborating with the University of Westminster on desktop grids and is expecting feedback from them.
- He has more work planned for parameter optimizations and parametrization.
- He will add an enhanced tool to the NBIC Galaxy.
- Finally, Ishtiaq has enjoyed a nice, short vacation.
- Bas and Freek visited the OncoProteomics laboratory (VUmc) and had a very good first meeting with Connie Jiménez and her colleagues. We want to cooperate on CTMM TraIT.
- A meeting is planned with people from Erasmus MC, NBIC and NPC to discuss CTMM TraIT and our collaboration in the task force.
- Irene Nooren (e-BioGrid) took the initiative to organize a workshop on high-performance computing (including job submission frameworks). Initial focus was on NGS, but we will broaden the scope to include proteomics as well.
- And lastly, Freek also enjoyed a nice, long holiday.
Friday September 16th 9:00-10:30 will be our next programmer's meeting.