Proteomics:Programmers Meeting on 2010-02-24
Location and date
- Location: Antonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, Building 3211, room 0258
- Date: Wed 24 Feb 2010, from 10:45-16:15
- Péter Horvatovich (RUG)
- Morris Swertz (RUG) (added to skype group)
- Ishtiaq Ahmad (RUG)
- George Byelas (RUG)
- Pieter Neerincx (UU)
- Wim Spee (UU)
- Dmitry Katsubo (NBIC)
- Twan America (WUR) (skype ID twan.america)
- Carsten Byrman (UvA) (skype ID carsten.byrman)
|11:00-11:30|| Organizational questions:
Update from Twan:
|11:30-12:00||DAF: progress on previous action points|
|12:00-13:00||DAF: formalization of requirements|
|13:00-14:00||Lunch break & talks|
|14:00-16:00||DAF: brainstorming (modularization & code review)|
|16:00-16:15||Summary & coffee|
- The tools in our workflows do not use command line.
- We need more face-to-face meetings
- Lack of time due to research work
- There is no clean API for command-line tools
- Some solutions are not generic
- Have a look how Corra is build.
- Cluster "Hello" application is ready, needs review.
- Meeting to integrate application into DAF
- Identify and implement several data converters.
- Describe a common workflow
- Publish tools
- Check APML XSD for missing parts
- Make some efforts to document Java data conversion library, used in UU.
- Synchronize API with Ishtiaq