Next Generation Sequencing: Recent Highlights
All NGS platform highlights listed in reverse chronological order:
- Our taskforce contributed into the NGS course in ErasmusMC on September 11-13.
- Our meeting goes more green: RijkZwaan, GeneTwister are joining our monthly meetings
- Our taskforce contributed into the exome-seq course on April 4th, 5th in Nijmegen.
- A growing number of groups is joining our monthly meetings: BaseClear, DSM, NKI, etc.
- Our Dutch Variant Database (DVD) is now under beta test. The founding member groups are LUMC, UMCN, UMCU, UMCG.
- Contributed by our taskforce, the first edition of NBIC advance course on RNA-seq was successfully organized on August 25, 26.
- Co-organized by NBIC, the 2011 Galaxy conference was successfully held in Lunteren on May 25, 26.
- 10-3-2011, we started a new initiative on building a joint Dutch Variant Database (DVD) with the aim to facilitate future Genomic research and exome-sequencing based clinical diagnosis. Please contact Leon Mei if you want to participate.
- 28-2-2011, NBIC and BITS (Bioinformatics facility of the VIB, http://www.bits.vib.be) agreed to establish a Bioinformatics RPM Repository on NGS tools for Galaxy servers.
- 1-2-2011, the official website of Galaxy Community Conference is open! Please register in time.
- 3-1-2011, 2nd version of NBIC Galaxy VM is released! Direct download link here
- 19-11-2010, a small group was formed to work on standardizing QC and eventually a QC pipeline in NBIC Galaxy: Jan van Haarst, Frans-Paul Ruzius, Jeroen Laros, Wil Koetsier, Victor de Jager (coordinator).
- 15-11-2010, the first test version of NBIC Galaxy VM is released!
- 4-11-2010, our task force had a major contribution to the MGC course: Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data analysis course in Leiden.
- 15-10-2010, kickoff the development on the advanced simulated dataset generation script. The involved members are Frans-Paul Ruzius, Kai Ye, Victor de Jager, Victor Guryev, Rutger Brouwer, and Leon Mei.
- 5-10-2010, Joint force on GvNL between the BBMRI project and our NGS task force. The involved members are Freerk van Dijk, Barbera van Schaik, Jeroen Laros, Kai Ye, and Leon Mei.
- 12-8-2010, The first version of evaluation wrapper in Galaxy is finished. A demo will be given in NGS meeting on August 20
- 21-5-2010, NBIC Galaxy server is launched! More information can be found here.
- 18-5-2010, we are working on an evaluation wrapper in Galaxy that can automate the benchmarking of various alignment programs.
- 9-5-2010, we updated the evaluation protocol for de novo assembly programs based on the feedbacks from other task force members.
- 24-3-2010, a NGS PI meeting was held and a number of action points are identified.
- 17-3-2010, our platform members have a major contribution into the course of "Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data analysis, 3rd edition, Leiden"
- 12-3-2010, kickoff alignment software evaluation task.
- 3-3-2010, kickoff de novo assembly software evaluation task.
- 3-3-2010, NBIC de novo assembly activities survey. Result is available.
- 15-2-2010, a "ssf2fastq" file conversion module is implemented by Barbera van Schaik and checked into NGS Galaxy module repository
- 15-2-2010, New colleague! Rutger Brouwer will start on 1-3-2010 working on visualization related subjects in the group of Wilfred van Ijcken.
- 9-2-2010, at BioAssist Engineering Team, the hosting plan of Galaxy and UCSC browser is being investigated.
- 4-2-2010, a meeting on NGS generic pipelines was held in Utrecht. The main outputs are machines/tools inventory, a draft generic pipeline and a list action points.
- 15-1-2010, get together meeting in NGS platform
- 18-12-2009, get together meeting in NGS platform
Return to the main page of Next Generation Sequencing