Web sites about data visualization
- Visual Complexity, overview of methods for visualization of complex networks. By Manuel Lima.
- Wikipedia on Biological_data_visualization
- Ben Fry, author of Processing
- Martin Krzywinski, creative visualizations
- IBMs Many Eyes project
- Data visualization at systemsbiology.org
- Vizbi, Workshop on visualizing biological data
- Cytoscape is an open source software platform for visualizing complex-networks
- Tulip is an information visualization framework dedicated to the analysis and visualization of relational data.
- Gephi is an interactive visualization and exploration platform
- BioLayout Express 3d is a powerful new tool for the visualization and analysis of networks derived from biological systems.
- NAViGaTOR Network Analysis, Visualization, & Graphing TORonto is a software package for visualizing and analyzing protein-protein interaction networks.
- Arena 3D Visualizing biological networks in 3D
(see also Metabolomics_Visualization)
- KEGG Atlas is an advanced graphical interface to explore the KEGG global maps with zooming and navigation capabilities.
- iPath is a web-based tool for the visualization, analysis and customization of the various pathways maps.
- PathVisio is a tool for displaying and editing biological pathways.
- Biological Networks
Other visualization tools
- Special issue Nature Methods "Visualizing Biological Data"
- A survey of visualization tools for biological network analysis
- The Visual Display of Quantitative Information - Edward Tufte
- Visual Thinking for Design - Colin Ware
- Information Visualization, Second Edition: Perception for Design - Colin Ware